Is Social Media Safe for Youth and Children
To get involved with Social Media can be dangerous! On one hand, when you need to regard barrier and allow your developing kids or children's the flexibility to build and gain from their own errors or faults. On the other hand, you need to do all things possible to shield your tyke or Children from, well, entirely.
When it terms come to the Social media, it commonly refers to the online tools which help to connect the people with common interests on the Internet. It proffers various opportunities to assist your Childs and Teens to be creative and informative and also provide a learning stage about the different technology & science. Popular social networking websites are as Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Tumblr, Flickr, MySpace, Snapchat and Instagram etc. In the worldwide, about 90% of youth and children's have used the social media and 75% have a profile on a social networking site, which experts say. Apart from it, if we talk about the online safety, Social Media has its' own particular set of problems for teenagers and it can go much further than the online killer revulsion news. Then the question is occurring, Is Social Media Safe for Youth and Children? If yes, then how? And if it's not, so how the people get rid of this problem?
In these circumstances, the parents required some efforts or support to get flexible, so it's crucial for parents to be connected with their teens' when they use social media. Therefore, there are plenty of advantages about social media, but also many disadvantages and potential dangers which you desire your kids and teens to avoid.
Here's a look at some of the Pros and Cons which you can utilize to protect secure and safe to the Youth and Children from Social Media sites.
What are the Pros?
- Connecting with social network online is a great way to meet them with the new people, learn about the technologies new things and they can find communities which encourage a hobby or passion.
- Joining with Social sites can help your Children to enrich and manage their social lives.
- Connecting with Social Media sites can give the youth a comfortable way to communicate with the friends, family, and social peoples and assist them to practice their social skills.
What are the Cons?
- One of the main important risk factors of the Social Media is that there is no verification process for the Youth and Children, who ask them before joining the site.
- Everyone can easily create their profile of a woman and befriend name, which can be potentially dangerous for the children.
- Privacy is a major point for the youth which can be confusing and as result hackers can have access to and misuse their personal information and photos for illegal activities.
- For your Youth and Children online interaction could become a replacement for face-to-face meetings that thing can hurt the social development and cut off your children or teens.
Although, for parents it is important to explain their children about the Social Media advantage and disadvantage and help them to protect themselves from cyber-bullying and suspicious contacts on the social networking site.