How do I enable Google chat
How do i enable Chat Features on Google Messaging
Would you like to enable Google chat on your devices? If so, then don't get panicked as here you will get all the relevant information on the same. Google Chat is a popular and secure communication software initiated by Google built for teams that offers direct messages and team chat rooms, along with a group messaging function that allows Google Drive content sharing. Real-time chat, as elucidated by apps, has become the best way to interface between colleagues and friends, especially since last year when so many of us turned to working from home. If you want to know about How do I enable Google chat, then you can find it in the content below.
Google Chat allows you to hold or detain chat sessions with friends and groups of friends either on an informal or formal basis. It can be done just between two people or between several in what Google calls a group conversation.
What is the main difference? As per Google, Chat is commonly a way for two or more people to chat together without any formalities — for example, if you need to quickly talk about where you were going to meet for lunch, then you will create a group conversation among your friends.
LET’S ACTIVATE CHAT ON A MOBILE APP:
- Firstly, you need to tap on the three-line icon at the top-left corner. Move down and choose “Settings.”
- On the next move, tap your account.
- Choose “General”.
- In an Android phone, mark off “Show the Chat and Rooms tabs.” If you are using an iPhone or iPad, toggle “Show the chat and rooms tab” on.
- At the bottom of the screen, instead of just Mail and Meet icons, you need to have Chat and Rooms icons.
LET’S ACTIVATE CHAT ON A BROWSER:
- Open your Gmail account and go to settings.
- Choose the “View all settings” option.
- Select the “Chat and Meet” option.
- You must select the “Chat,” “Classic Hangouts,” and “Off.” If you want to try Chat, click on that.
- Generally, Google Chat will come on the left hand side of your Gmail screen, but you should select so that it can appear on the right hand side.
- “Chat and Meet” allows you to hide the meet section in Gmail if you want to.
- Tap on “Save Changes”.
LET’S BEGIN A CHAT ON THE WEB:
- In order to start a new Chat, you have a choice: either you can click on the “Find a chat” link in the Chat box, or you can click on the plus sign placed on the corners of the Chat or Rooms boxes. Either way, you will get a drop-down menu.
- To chat with a single person, enter their name in the top field, and you will be taken into a small chat box. If you need to chat with more than one person, then choose “Group conversation.”
- The same menu also lets you start a room, explore existing rooms, or search for message requests
LET’S BEGIN A CHAT ON A MOBILE APP:
- Click on the Chat icon and then on the small “New chat” popup in the lower-right corner of the page.
- Type the person’ s name, or you can create a room or explore existing rooms.
- In order to create a group conversation, firstly enter the name of the first person you want to chat with, then you are required to tap on the group icon that will come in the same field you are typing in, and then you can add other names also.
However, in this way, you came to know about how do i enable google chat in a very simple and hassle free manner. If you have any kind of problem or require information, you can freely contact the customer support team for immediate and desired assistance.